1/10/14

I'm Going to be a Missionary?

I wanted to to start documenting the process that I'm going through so that I don't forget all of what went into getting me to South Africa.

Back in November, for reasons unbeknownst to me, I started to look into going back to SA.  I think I was probably inspired by this guy Dane that I've been talking to since summer; he's an adventurer and a learner (and a really nice guy in general).  I want to be like that... and then I look around myself and find that 8 hours a day I'm in the midst of cubical walls, computer screens and phones.  Don't get me wrong, I am SO GRATEFUL to have a job, and even just to have my specific life, but I want something more (don't we all).

Anyway, back in November I began to think bigger.  I wanted to go somewhere.  I wasn't sure where to go, but I knew that I wanted to go far, so why waste time trying to make connections when I already had a few all the way around the world, in a place where I would likely be well received and full of people desperate for Hope (aren't we all).  So it was decided… I was going to find a way back to SA.

With that, I started to tap my online resources and send some emails.

To be continued.

No comments: